Cambridge Cambourne 10K & Fun Run
This event is organised by Cambridge & Coleridge Athletics Club
JOIN US FOR THE CAMBRIDGE CAMBOURNE 10K & FUN RUN ON SUNDAY 26TH SEPTEMBER 2021.
The Cambridge Cambourne 10k appeals to runners of all levels: from new runners to the more experienced. The distance is long enough to be challenging, but short enough to be accessible to anyone with the determination to put in a bit of training.
Its sister event, the Cambridge Cambourne Fun Run, is ideal for younger runners or those not ready for the longer distance.
Competitors from outside the local area can take this opportunity to have a first-class run in great scenery in the morning and take time out to visit the beautiful, historic City of Cambridge in the afternoon.
The 10K race will start in a time trial format, with the athletes with the fastest predicted times going off first. The start line will be similar to a Formula 1 starting grid with athletes being kept socially distanced on the start line and starting in small waves. You will be asked to complete your estimated time for the 10K during the registration process.
- Location: Cambourne Business Park, Cambourne, Cambs, CB23 6DW
- Start time: From 11.00
- Distances: 10K & 1 mile Fun Run
- Minimum Age: 10K – 15yrs, Fun Run 9yrs. Age as at 26/09/2021
- Activity: Running
- Open to: Solo participants
- Entry Fee: From just £5 per person (Details below)
- UKA License No: Applied for
- Event Cancellation Policy: If the event should need to be cancelled, you will be offered a deferral to the next event. (Booking fees are non-refundable)
- Additional Fees: A booking fee will be added at the checkout. This will the greater of either £1 or 6%
- Event Organiser: Cambridge & Coleridge Athletics Club
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
- Organiser Website: https://www.cambridgeandcoleridge.org.uk
- Official Event Website: https://www.cambridgeandcoleridge.org.uk/cambridge-cambourne-10k-and-fun-run
Race numbers will be posted to the buyer. The buyer will be asked to complete their address details at registration for this purpose. It is the responsibility of the buyer to ensure that all attendees have their race packs before, or on the day of the event.
FUN RUN ROUTE
The course passes through wooded areas and alongside lakes and includes woodland & wildlife meadows. It is almost entirely off road and traffic-free, on proper footpaths – better for your legs than tarmac. The finish must be one of the most inspiring in the country.
The event will support the local community through charitable donations.
There will be no prizegiving at the event.
A custom medal will be available, self-service style, at the finish.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front of your vest.
Free parking is available.
Toilets, Changing and Bag Storage
Toilets will be available. There will be no secure baggage area so competitors should arrive ready to race. The organisers accept no responsibility for any items left in the start area while you compete. All valuables should be left at home.
No. The course is not wheelchair friendly.
No. The course is not buggy friendly.
A self-service water station will be available at the finish. Any other nutrition/fluids must be carried by you while you run.
The organiser does not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event.
If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond the organiser’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be offered a deferral to the next event.
The details of the athlete I am entering into this race will be passed onto the event organisers for the administration of the race.
The athlete’s name and date of birth and the email address of the person completing the booking form will be passed onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form, any medical information provided will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I take full responsibility for ensuring the athlete I am entering into this race is medically fit to compete & understand that they compete entirely at their own risk or at the risk of their parent/guardian.
2) I understand that all athletes who participate in this event, do so at their own risk or the risk of their parent/guardian and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to the competitor, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
4) The athlete indicates acceptance of UKA rules
- A booking fee will be added at checkout. This will be the greater of £1 or 6%
|Cambridge & Cambourne 10K Unaffiliated||£19|
|Cambridge & Cambourne 10K Affiliated||£17|
|Cambridge & Cambourne Fun Run||£5|
- April 1, 2021